L20 Merchant App – Terms and Conditions May 2022
This document sets out the terms and conditions for your use of the L20 Merchant App.
The L20 Merchant App (App) is operated by Fintech for International Development ('we' and 'us'). In these terms 'you' and 'your' are references to you as the user of the App. We operate a platform called L20 (the Platform).
Our App enables aid organisations (Aid Organisations) to make available eligible goods and services (Aid) to eligible individuals (certificate/voucher holders) in accordance with the criteria set by the Aid Organisation (Aid Scheme). The Platform helps make Aid available using a QR code uniquely linked to the Certificate holder using biometrics (QR Key).
We provide the App as part of the Platform. This means you can only benefit from the Platform by using the App. If you cannot use the App, you will not be able to benefit from the Platform.
By registering for the Platform and using the App, you agree to be bound by these L20 Merchant App Terms and Conditions (these Terms). Please read these Terms carefully before using the App.
You can print or access a copy of these Terms at any time here https://www.f4id.org/merchant-terms-of-use.
We may update these Terms at any time and the most recent version will be available via the link set out above.
In order to access the Platform and use the App, you must enter into an agreement with the Aid Organisation in relation to participation in the Aid Scheme. We are not responsible for the operation of the Aid Scheme and you should contact the Aid Organisation for all matters relating to the Aid Scheme.
In these Terms, references to ‘Google Play’ means the app distribution platform operated by Google LLC (Google) and formerly known as the Android Market, and we refer to Google’s terms of service (and other applicable terms) collectively as ‘Google’s rules’ which you must comply with as well as these Terms. Google is not a party to these Terms and has no liability under these Terms.
1. The Platform and the App
1.1 You have chosen to use the Platform in connection with your participation in the Aid Scheme. This means that you must use the App.
1.2 The App is an Android mobile based application. This means that it may be accessed on any compatible mobile device that you own or control with internet access, as permitted by Google's rules e.g. your smart phone.
1.3 If you uninstall or delete the App then you will not be able to access the Platform.
1.4 The App will enable you to access the Platform to:
• register your business details with Aid Organisations
• agree the goods and services you wish to supply through each Aid Scheme
• agree the price or fee of each item or service with Aid Organisations
• scan the QR Key and biometrics of the Certificate holder wishing to receive eligible goods or services from you;
• confirm if the QR Key, biometrics and details of the supply are valid and meet the eligibility requirements of the Aid Scheme (the Eligibility Check);
• create an invoice for submission to the relevant Aid Organisation to request payment for a purchase which has met the Eligibility Check in accordance with the Aid Scheme's rules; and
• access records of your past transaction information;
in each case, as further described in user guides published by Fintech for International Development.
2. Registration and Use of the App
2.1 We will provide the App to you free of charge. The App is accessed via a mobile application which is only downloadable on Google Play. You will therefore need internet access on your device and your device will need to be compatible with Google Play to access the App.
2.2 In order to access the Platform using the App you first need to:
• register and be accepted by the Aid Organisation as a participating merchant in the Aid Scheme and enter into an agreement with the Aid Organisation in relation to this; and
• successfully complete the Platform registration process which can be found within the App.
Once you have successfully completed these steps and have been accepted onto the Platform, you will be able to use the App.
2.3 If your participation in the Aid Scheme is suspended or terminated for any reason then you must not use the App. We may suspend your access to the App in these circumstances.
2.4 You must log into the App by inputting your email address and password provided at the time of registration. You may change your password at any time by following the instructions in the App. You must keep your login details safe and not share them with anyone.
2.5 Multiple devices operating at the same time under the same merchant account should be used only in exceptional circumstances and under the following conditions:
• Device users must be known and trusted individuals authorised by the account holder.
• Only the account holder can log into their L20 account on each device – he/she must not share their L20 login details with anyone (e.g. the device user).
• At the end of business, the account holder must ensure he/she logs out of their L20 account on each device.
• The account holder accepts all responsibility for actions and transactions processed by all device users operating under the account holder’s L20 merchant account.
2.6 You can find further information on how the App works, the technical requirements, and any restrictions on the App's use and compatibility in the user guides.
3. Our Responsibilities
3.1 We provide the App which enables you to use the Platform for the purposes described in these Terms. In doing so, provided you follow all these Terms and also Google's rules, we provide you with:
• a licence to download and use the App for the purpose of submitting QR Key and transaction information to perform the Eligibility Check;
• access to invoices to send to the relevant Aid Organisation; and
• access to your past transaction information,
in each case, in accordance with these Terms and Google's rules.
3.2 We have taken reasonable steps to ensure the App works and functions as described and is safe and secure, but we will provide the App to you "as is". This means that we cannot guarantee that your access to the App will be uninterrupted or that there will be no delays or failures. We also cannot guarantee that viruses and other destructive properties will not be transmitted to your device or that your device will not be damaged whilst using the App.
3.3 We have taken reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy, currency and completeness of the information contained in the App, but we provide it "as is", "as available" and we do not give or make any warranty or representation of any kind, whether express or implied. We are not responsible or liable for information provided to us or to you by a third party.
4. Your Responsibilities
4.1 When you use the App, you must:
• not use any data (including any personal data) accessible to you via the App (such as information about the transactions and requesting persons) other than for the sole purpose of submitting a transaction for an Eligibility Check to the relevant Aid Organisation;
• not to remove, copy or modify any aspect of the App (including data);
• not use the App to take unlawful, misleading, malicious or discriminatory action or make any unlawful transaction;
• not upload any viruses, Trojan horses or other malware or malicious code to the App;
• install any device and App updates when they become available to ensure continuous use;
• not use the App on any device that has been modified (jail-broken or rooted) from its original factory state;
• not adapt, disassemble, decompile or reverse-engineer all or any part of the App or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of the App;
• not access an account that belongs to another user;
• not collect any content or information from other users using automated methods (such as bots, robots, spiders or scrapers), and you must not use these methods to access the App in any other way;
• comply with Google's rules as well as these Terms;
• not allow any other users or third parties to access your App in any way or share any of your information with them; and
• keep your password and other log-in information secret and you must protect your account against unauthorised access by third parties.
4.2 If at any time any of the information about the App and your use of the App is compromised (stolen, published or otherwise made available to third parties) you must contact us immediately to report this.
4.3 In respect of the App, all claims, damages and costs (including data and roaming charges) related to your use of the App, information provided by you, breach by you of these Terms, any third party agreements you enter into (including the agreement with the relevant Aid Organisation), use of any intellectual property or other right of any person are your sole responsibility.
5. Data Protection
5.1 We provide the App on behalf of Aid Organisations. The Aid Organisation is the controller of your personal data and we are the processor of that personal data.
5.3 On behalf of the Aid Organisation, we may collect and use technical data that might include, for example, the specifications of your device and its software in order to help us provide software updates, product support, and other services related to the Platform and App. On behalf of the Aid Organisation, we may also collect and use personal data to enable the Aid Organisation to demonstrate to its donors that for example, a certain number of Individuals have benefited from Aid or that certain goods or services have been purchased We may also use technical and other data as long as it is in a form that does not personally identify you, to improve products or to offer new services or technologies to you.
6. Intellectual Property Rights
6.1 We and our licensors are the owner of all intellectual property rights in the App and its contents. Such rights are protected by laws and treaties around the world and we reserve all of these rights and other rights in the App. You do not own the App and only have the right to use the App as permitted by these Terms. You may not grant any rights to any third party in relation to the App.
6.2 These Terms do not grant you any rights in the App or in any data (including personal data) made available to you via the App. If any such rights vests in you, you agree to assign these rights to us to the fullest extent possible and if that's not possible you irrevocably agree for us to use these rights for our own purposes.
6.3 Any feedback you provide to us about your use of the App is our sole and exclusive property, along with any improvements, changes, bug fixes or modifications that we make to the App from your feedback.
7.1 From time to time, we may issue updates to the App and change the service to improve performance, enhance functionality, reflect changes in the operating system, or address security issues, or to discontinue or remove out of date functionality. Updates will either download automatically or you may need to trigger them yourself, depending on your device and its settings.
7.2 We strongly suggest that you download all updates as soon as they become available. Depending on the nature of the update, the App may not work properly (or at all), or you may be exposed to security vulnerabilities, if you do not keep the App updated to the latest version that we make available.
7.3 From time to time, we may make changes to these Terms. You can view the most recent version of these Terms and Conditions via the link set out above.
8. Ending these Terms
8.1 You can end these Terms by deleting the App from your device at any time. By deleting the App you will not be able to use the Platform. You should delete the App from your device if these Terms are terminated or you change or dispose of your device.
8.2 If at any time it becomes clear to us that you have or may have:
• misused the App in any way; and/or
• failed to follow these Terms in any way;
we may in our absolute discretion suspend or terminate your access to the App.
8.3 We may also end these Terms or suspend your access to the App if Google withdraws or if we need to withdraw the App for any legal or regulatory reason or if we decide to discontinue the App. If we have to end these Terms, we’ll notify you.
8.4 Upon termination for any reason, your right to use the App will end, and you must stop using the App and delete the App and other related information from your devices.
8.5 From time to time, we may need to temporarily suspend your access to the App to carry out changes to the App or until you have updated the App. If we need to suspend your access to the App we will notify you of this.
9. Limitation of Liability
9.1 If we fail to comply with these Terms we will be responsible to you for loss or damage that you suffer which is a direct, foreseeable consequence of us breaking these Terms, or any losses or damage you suffer as a result of our failing to use reasonable care and skill in our provision of the App.
9.2 We will not be responsible to you for loss of profits or revenue, loss of use, lost business or missed opportunities, or for any loss or damage that is indirect and/or was not reasonably foreseeable at the time these Terms were entered into.
9.3 We (nor Google) do not accept any responsibility to you:
• if you are unable to access the App due to there being no internet connectivity through your device;
• for any faulty components in your device (such as a faulty camera) which prevents your full use of the App; and/or
• for any failure of Google Play to function properly.
9.4 We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors, or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
9.5 We are not responsible for events outside our control. If there is any interruption to the operation or availability of App due to an event outside our control, we will let you know as soon as possible and take reasonable steps to minimise the impact. Provided we do this we will not be responsible for any loss which may be incurred by you as a result of any suspension or interruption to the availability of the App. Access to the App may need to be suspended temporarily from time to time in the case of system failure or for maintenance or repair.
9.6 We are only liable for the loss of data (i) in accordance with the limitations of liability set out above and (ii) if the loss could not have been prevented by appropriate data protection measures taken by you.
10. Additional Terms
10.1 If any term of these Terms is found to be unenforceable, this will not affect the validity of the other terms.
10.2 You may not transfer any of your rights under these Terms to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these Terms to another business where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
10.3 Failure by either of us to enforce our rights under these Terms shall not prevent you or us (as the case may be) from taking further action.
10.4 These Terms, the services we provide in relation to the App and any communications we send to you, will be in English. We may provide these Terms in a translated form and in the event of a conflict between the translated terms and the English terms, the English terms shall prevail.
10.6 A person who is not a party to these Terms shall have no right under the Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of these Terms, but this shall not affect any right or remedy of a third party which exists or is available apart from that Act.
11. Applicable Law
English law applies to these Terms and any disputes about these Terms will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
12. Contacting each other
12.1 We may contact you about the App using your registered email address.
12.2 You may contact us by emailing support@F4ID.org
12.3 We are responsible for merchant support in relation to the App and can help you. If you are having any issues, please contact us using the contact details set out above. You acknowledge that Google has no obligation to provide any support or maintenance services in relation to the App.
©2018 Google LLC All rights reserved. Google and the Google logo are registered trademarks of Google LLC.